Nominations for Head of DAO Ops Election

The DAO has voted to create a Head of DAO Ops role with 2.5 million HOP tokens voting in favor. The Head of DAO Operations will connect different aspects of the DAO and make sure there is cross-collaboration and communication to propagate personal responsibilities for the DAO’s subgroups. To qualify for this role, one must have been materially active in the DAO for at least 6-months, having attended community calls, posted on the forum, used the hop bridge, and held HOP).

If you would like to take on this role, please share your nomination below with a short excerpt on who you are and why you would make a great Head of DAO Ops.

For the Head of DAO Ops discussion thread

For the Snapshot Vote

3 Likes

I’m glad the DAO voted in favor of this role and to keep things moving forward I would like to nominate myself for this role. I was hoping that there would be more interest from others but this is in important role that should be filled sooner rather than later.

I believe I make a great candidate because I have been involved in Hop DAO since inception and have worked consistently as a delegate. Throughout time I have increased my responsibilities within the DAO by taking on other roles like the Ambassador for Arbitrum and Optimism. I have been using the Hop bridge since it was launched and have held my HOP without ever selling given my long-term commitment to the protocol and DAO. I believe Hop Protocol is a core piece of Ethereum infrastructure and look forward to continue spending time on making the DAO more efficient.

3 Likes

I am voting in favour as I believe this role is needed.

Would also have loved to see more applications but oh well …

1 Like

The below response reflects the views of L2BEAT’s governance team, composed of @kaereste and @Sinkas, and it’s based on the combined research, fact-checking, and ideation of the two.

We think the role is something that can help the DAO move forward and we’re supportive of its creation. We would have loved to see more applicants for the role and more engagement, but that’s perhaps something that such a role in itself can help with in the long run.

Voted for, as mentioned on the first proposal this role trial could have good impact on the DAO. I understand there was only 1 candidate and not much of a choice, but I thought @francom was a great fit for it, especially since he was the one who moved the idea forward.