Community Call meeting minutes

Meeting Minutes [May-17]

  • Carl introduced Treasure, a decentralized gaming ecosystem on Arbitrum, with a focus on creating a decentralized Nintendo.
  • Treasure has been around for 20 months and has launched a token, infrastructure, and multiple games.
  • They are number one on Arbitrum for gaming and have done close to 275 million in volume since inception.
  • The Magic token has been performing well on Arbitrum, and a partnership with Hop to bridge Magic to and from Arbitrum Nova and Arbitrum One was proposed and approved.
  • The Treasure Community voted in favor of supporting Nova.
  • The team discussed supporting Magic’s initiative with incentives and creating a framework for fair distribution.
  • Delegation Week, organized by Tally, was introduced to encourage token holders to evaluate their delegations and potentially redelegate or delegate for the first time.
  • Discussions were held on incentivizing redelegation and the possibility of mandated redelegation for effective DAO governance.
  • The team discussed the renewal of the HOP delegate incentivization program, with a focus on encouraging new delegates to participate.
  • Proposals were made for delegating ARB tokens to the Community Multisig and the newly elected ambassadors, with further discussions needed.
  • The team explored different mechanisms and frameworks for incentivizing liquidity and bridging on different assets and networks.
  • The idea of a decentralized protocol for delegates to market themselves and an opt-in incentivized program for delegation were discussed.
  • Discussions were held on the need for incentives, market share, and competitive landscape in bridging protocols.
  • The team proposed forming an incentive management committee to develop frameworks and value propositions for granting incentives.
  • The importance of creating a robust system, analyzing the marketplace, and designing parameters for awarding incentives was emphasized.
  • Progress updates were provided on the core messenger refactor and the Bonder side, with plans to go live soon.
  • Greg introduced himself and expressed interest in DAO governance and being a valuable delegate.
  • The next call was scheduled in a couple of weeks, with plans to coordinate artwork and issue POAPs.

Note: ChatGPT3 was used due to length of the call and GPT4 token limits. Please advise if anything seems inaccurate.


Thanks for sharing Greg

1 Like

Meeting Minutes [July-12]

  • Conversation started around the Public Goods Network, and representatives from Gitcoin gave an overview of the project
  • PGN is a network dedicated to funding public goods using sequencer fees
  • Hop community can provide bridging capabilities and onboarding experience for PGN users
  • Kene discussed the reduction in the voting weight threshold for recognized delegates to make it more inclusive and encourage more participation
  • Kene also presented a proposal to renew and redesign the Hop Grants Committee to scale up involvement in developing on top of Hop technology
  • Community members discussed the importance of simplicity and inclusivity in the grants program
  • Conversation initiated on addressing Hop liquidity and potential proposals to improve liquidity for the protocol
  • Max expressed concerns about spending tokens on liquidity programs and emphasized the importance of investing in the protocol
  • Greg pointed out that liquidity providers are incentivized through Hop rewards and may go elsewhere if the price is not stable
  • Development focus has shifted to the Liquidity Network and Decentralized Bonder Network, which will be audited and deployed on testnet soon
  • Nova and Magic tokens will be supported in the upcoming deployment
  • Continued V1 support after V2 lock-ins will depend on security and feedback from the community
  • The Messenger and liquidity bridge will be deployed on testnet for testing and feedback
  • Beta testing on testnet will be conducted before the full mainnet launch
  • Dybsy suggested to involve RocketPool community in testing the Decentralized Bonder network

Note: ChatGPT3 used due to length again. Please let us know of any inaccuracies.


Meeting Minutes [Aug-23]

  • The meeting discussed updates on the new community multi-sig signers, the Tally delegation week distribution, and the reopening of the Hop airdrop window.
  • LimeChain presented a proposal for a generalized zero knowledge-based Merkle Patricia trie inclusion proof system for the Hop protocol. This would allow Hop to provide cross-chain state proofs, making the protocol more efficient and competitive.
  • The development team has migrated everything to Foundry, which has sped up testing and deployment. They are also working on the V2 token bridge and improvements to the bonding speed.
  • The threshold for delegate incentives for active participants in Hop governance has been lowered from 90,000 Hop to 30,000 Hop.
  • The team is considering ways to gamify Hop and increase user engagement with the Hop UI.
  • A question was raised about resources for non-technical people to understand Hop V2. The team suggested checking the GitHub repo and mentioned plans to release more public documentation.

Meeting Minutes [Sept-20]

  • JPEG Yakuza from the Clique team discussed their Optimism campaign and the use of identity oracles
  • Clique is organizing four competitions to identify power users within each DeFi category
  • The Hop community was asked if they are interested in participating in the competitions
  • The Ambassador Program was discussed, with a focus on improving engagement and communication with ambassadors
  • Suggestions were made to have ambassadors share periodic updates and have the Community Multisig run through the distribution of Hop tokens during these calls
  • Hop won the bridge week from Arbitrum Odyssey and was recognized as the most used bridge
  • The Hop dev team provided an update on the progress of the token bridge
  • The team is shifting its focus to the token bridge, now called the Liquidity Hub
  • Testnet is expected to be live later this year and Mainnet early next year
  • A new cost proposal is expected soon with a smaller budget due to operating with a smaller team
  • The SNX and sUSD bridges will no longer receive OP rewards, as decided by the Synthetix team
  • Treasury diversification was discussed, with a proposal expected for the sale of ARB tokens
  • The forum believes that treasury diversification is necessary for the DAO’s runway and development
  • The grants program will be re-elected, with a focus on recruiting individuals with technical backgrounds
  • The possibility of a multi-step process for the grants election was suggested, including nominations and recruitment

Meeting Minutes [Oct-04]

  • Discussions were held regarding the recent posts on governance updates: Treasury diversification and the Authereum Labs engagement adjustment.
  • A multi-sig refill vote is also underway, which is a routine process that needs to be done regularly.
  • The Authereum Labs engagement was adjusted due to operating with a smaller team than expected, which resulted in under-budget operation. Their timeline for v2 has been extended as a result.
  • Emphasis was also made on compensations for moderators and members actively engaged for over a year.
  • Hop v2 is being developed focusing on the Liquidity Hub, solving some of the core bridge problems. The mainnet for v2 is expected to launch early next year.
  • Updates to the current Hop v1 bridge are underway which will also apply to v2. This will improve the bonding times, and make for quicker transfers. Expect to see changes to the frontend.
  • Hop was seen as a gatekeeper of which tokens are bridgeable. Hop v2 will remove this barrier, allowing various tokens to establish the bridge on their own.
  • The Hop community reinforced the idea of gaining more delegate power and voting power from other protocols.
  • Discussions were held regarding ways to enhance social media activity for Hop.
  • Hop has a strong reputation with developers with its trustless nature and its aggressive nature to becoming the market’s best bridge.
  • It was suggested that Hop collaborates with aggregators to emphasize the security profile of bridges, noting that user bridging decisions are often based on time or cost, not security. v2 will enhance security, eliminate potential risks, reduce capital costs, and therefore, undercut prices.
  • Hop v2 will also leverage the cost savings of subsidized bridges, native bridges, exchanges and settlement solutions like CTIP without taking on their trust assumptions.
  • Hop Incentive reports are to be presented next week.

Meeting Minutes [Oct-18]

  • Governance updates: Authereum Labs engagement adjustment has passed, treasury diversification has passed, transaction should be executable shortly
  • Discussion around reorganizing the ambassador program to increase engagement and ownership
  • Proposal to establish a benchmark for diversification and introduce a treasury management framework
  • Proposal suggests diversifying treasury through strategic partnerships and OTC sale
  • Discussion on fees for the treasury management framework
  • Suggestions to have a direct responsible individual for each proposal and for governance operations
  • Proposal to create an ambassador working group for collaboration and idea sharing
  • Suggestion to have a budget for ambassadors and distribute monthly Hop tokens as rewards
  • Proposal to have a head of the ambassador program for guidance and support
  • Importance of accountability and ownership of proposals emphasized
  • Retroactive payment for direct responsible individuals suggested
  • Election of ambassadors may be needed based on program changes
  • V2 development progressing well, staking registry and tax-related tasks worked on
  • Speed improvements and addition of new chains discussed for V1
  • Conclusion of the meeting and plan for ongoing discussions in governance forum.

Meeting Minutes [Nov-01]

  • Discussion on revamping the ambassador program and adding more structure to DAO initiatives
  • Franco provided an overview of the current ambassador program and its challenges
  • Proposed solutions include adding a head of the ambassador program, reducing the number of ambassadors per protocol, and implementing a more attractive incentive structure
  • Compensation for ambassadors and moderators was discussed, with suggestions for base pay and additional commissions for successful integrations
  • The idea of tying a license to the V2 contracts was introduced, similar to Uniswap’s approach
  • Legal considerations and research will be needed to implement the license
  • Updates on V2 progress, including the bonder speed update and support for Sepolia testnet
  • Delegates were encouraged to post voting and communication records for compensation calculation
  • Simplified reporting format for delegate compensation was discussed and received positive feedback

Meeting Minutes [Nov-15]

  • The main agenda was discussing the transition from the old ambassador program to a new one, incorporating learnings from current ambassadors to improve alignment, engagement, and incentives.
  • Franco led the effort and proposed:
    • Identifying specific responsibilities for ambassadors and tying them to compensation.
    • The initial compensation was $500 per month, but there were issues with governance participation and missed opportunities.
    • The proposal includes compensating ambassadors for their efforts and time.
    • The next iteration of the ambassador program should adjust compensation and possibly introduce a commission-based structure (up to 10% of value brought to the DAO).
    • A head of the ambassador program could be introduced to oversee and support ambassadors.
    • Limiting the number of ambassadors per protocol to avoid “too many cooks in the kitchen.”
  • There was a consensus among ambassadors for full payment of compensation for the previous period, but it was noted that most feedback came from ambassadors themselves.
  • It was suggested that ambassadors should submit a final report to close up the program and justify compensation.
  • The importance of resolving compensation within the next 24-hour payment cycle was emphasized to avoid mid-cycle distributions.
  • The development team is working on v2 contracts and expects to have an internal Testnet soon, with a public Testnet and more information potentially available later in the year.
  • Hop v1 now supports Linea, and infrastructure improvements will allow for quicker support of additional chains so expect Polygon zkEVM, Scroll and zkSync soon
  • The bonder has increased its speed significantly, reducing wait times for finality on various chains like Polygon, Optimism, Arbitrum and others.
  • Looking ahead to post-v2 deployment, there’s interest in encouraging more distribution and long-term alignment among protocol participants, including users and contributors, potentially through staking mechanics or governance participation.
  • The meeting concluded with an open invitation for further thoughts on the forum and a reminder of the next community call in two weeks.

Meeting Minutes [Dec-16]

  • The meeting discussed the Treasury diversification that has been approved. An onchain vote on Tally will be the next step.
  • There’s a proposal for moderator compensation, which is expected to have some retroactive application. Compensation would also have a vesting period. The proposal aims to provide better long-term alignment and increased compensation to make up for lockups.
  • Francom is working on a proposal for the role of ‘Head of DAO Operations’. This role involves being a liaison amongst various groups within the DAO; it’s not a centralized authority. The goal is to improve communication within the various groups and subgroups, and the wider DAO community, and potentially manage community calls.
  • As service providers, the update from Authereum Labs mentioned progress with V2 contracts and V1 infrastructure. They are making improvements to streamline the addition of new networks and should have Polygon zkEVM live soon on mainnet.
  • There is a request for comment out on the forum about incentives for the new chains being added to Hop V1.
  • Launch of Hop V2 is expected early next year. They will be working through the holidays.
  • The next meeting will be in 2024.

Meeting Minutes [Jan-10-24]

  • The Hop Community Call discussed the temperature check, treasury diversification, and protocol liquidity for multi-chain Hop ETH LPs by @fourpoops.
  • @fourpoops. is currently working on executing the Velodrome actions related to the proposal which involves adding Hop to liquidity pools.
  • The group discussed different methods for improving voting capacity, such as encouraging re-delegation of tokens or potentially using the Hop protocol Twitter for outreach.
  • There are plans to implement Hop AMMs on supported and upcoming chains such as ZKSync and Scroll. Incentives were distributed for Linear and Polygon zkEVM. @0xPolygonDeFi bridge went live today!
  • A new post regarding Hop Moderator Compensation by was introduced. This covers retroactive compensation for the moderator team as well as ongoing compensation for the lead community moderator.
  • The Hop V2 contracts development is ongoing with a focus on scalability. The plan is to have Hop V2 contracts out within this quarter.
  • Arbitrum DAO will be voting on the launch of a long-term incentive program. A potential Hop application was discussed.
  • The DAO considered ways of utilizing its Hop token reserves, including incentives and protocol liquidity, as well as considerations about how the core team utilizes its voting power.
  • Finally, @francom619 from the core team addressed how to streamline the Delegate Incentivization Process, even in the absence of votes. The team agreed on the benefit of consistency in this matter.

Great notes Greg! Just to be clear, the LTI program application hasn’t been made or submitted yet as the Arbitrum DAO is currently voting on the LTI program.

1 Like

Thanks Franco. Updated the minutes

1 Like

Meeting Minutes [Jan-24]

  • Franco discussed the Delegate Incentivization Program, suggesting automatic six-month extensions unless the DAO decides to cancel or change it.
  • Regarding redelegation, a public push will be initiated to increase ecosystem health by encouraging integral community members to take on more votes.
  • rxpwnz community moderator compensation proposal was positively received and will be moving to the next phase.
  • The launch of the V2 protocol was discussed, with emphasis on the importance of preparing the DAO for this event. Various issues need to be addressed, including protocol liquidity, risk management, treasury management, and growth strategies.
  • Chris was unable to attend the meeting due to illness
  • There is continued work on preparing all parts of the system to scale for a fully decentralized V2.

Meeting Minutes [Feb-7]

  • Discussed HIP43 proposal to create Head of DAO Operations role, which has passed the snapshot stage. An election process will take place soon for the role.
  • Discussed the Community Moderator Compensation passed by rxpwnz. This role is not up for election immediately but could be in the future. rxpwnz is to collect addresses of other community moderators for bonus distribution.
  • Talked about the Treasury Diversification and Protocol Owned Liquidity presented by four-poops. A vote is live for this with a slight change in numbers due to the dip in HOP token prices.
  • Discussed the Arbitrum LTI grant program worked on by Bob-Rossi, Franco, and 0XLev1. Considered requirements including KYC and ongoing reporting through a Dune dashboard.
  • A community member with the relevant skills is needed to create the Dune dashboard to ensure ongoing reporting for the program.
  • Lastly, Franco discussed the need for renewing the Delegate Incentive Program, with a proposal for increased incentives suggested. The community is encouraged to comment on this.
  • On the technical side, Hop v2 contract functionality is nearly complete and testing phase is starting. The team is starting peripheral and off-chain components and deployment will go live on Testnet before Mainnet.
  • The background infrastructure has been updated for future scalability and speed. This is expected to alleviate any infrastructure work at a later time.

Meeting Minutes [Mar-7]

  • HIP44 Treasury Diversification Vote: A vote is currently open on Tally regarding the sale of Arbitrum tokens to fund expenses and incentivize participation. This is separate from the protocol liquidity proposal.

  • Treasury Management Discussion: Needs a more organized approach, specifically addressing liquidity management. A questionnaire was shared to gauge urgency and importance on various aspects of treasury management.

  • Separate Session on Liquidity and Treasury: Proposed to focus on liquidity protocol and treasury management, aiming for a more detailed discussion.

  • Multi-Sig Signers Update: The new cohort has shown efficient coordination and responsiveness. A payment system and refund for gas expenses spent on transactions are being set up.

  • RFC Hop Grants Committee Renewal: Suggests restructuring with new member roles, compensation, and improved funding caps for projects, awaiting community feedback.

  • Developer Update from Authereum Labs: Progress on Hop v2 contracts and off-chain infrastructure. Plans for a USDC bridge upgrade to integrate Circle CCTP directly, aiming for cheaper and more efficient transactions, preparing for migration from v1 to v2.

  • Discussion on Migration to L2 for Voting: Acknowledged the challenges and potential risks of moving Hop’s governance to an L2 to mitigate high gas costs. Alternative suggestions include ratification vote mechanisms and cross-chain governance concepts, but concrete actions are yet to be determined.


I was late to the call so I wasn’t around when the grants committee renewal discussion took place. Is there a place to provide feedback on what has been discussed other than this old post?

Not that i’m aware of so any thoughts regarding the grants committee pls share them in that old thread post.

Meeting Minutes [Mar-20]

  • The application for the Arbitrum LTI program, led by BobRossi, has been submitted. The Arbitrum council will make their decision, followed by the DAO’s delegate vote.
  • Thanks were given to those who helped with the application and it was mentioned that the application template could be used for future applications.
  • The grants committee renewal and redesign plan is stagnating. Suggestions and critiques are sought to move it forward.
  • The on-chain vote for Treasury Diversification for Ongoing DAO Expenses (HIP44) passed and it’s hoped that increased participation will follow.
  • A Treasury Management Framework call has been set up for Friday to brainstorm details.
  • The Hop Delegate Incentivization Trial (HIP46) renewal passed with emphases on automation and reporting for voting and communication requirements.
  • A proposal for launching Hop on NeoX, Neo EVM, Mainnet by NeoX has been tabled.
  • The upgrade of the USDC bridge to CCTP has launched. This move supports native USDC and the upgrade to Hop V2.
  • Development of the Hop V2 contracts are in progress. The testing of the off-chain V2 infrastructure is going well.
  • Education and marketing of Hop V2 is important and the DAO will aid with its messaging.
  • The gas reimbursements from the delegate incentive trial will be in Hop not ETH due to the current lack of ETH funds.

Meeting Minutes [Apr-3]

Grants Committee Renewal and Redesign

  • The Grants Committee proposal is currently stagnant.
  • A workshop will be held next week April 10 to brainstorm ideas for the committee’s renewal and redesign.
  • The goals are to attract high-quality applicants and distribute grants effectively.
  • Community participation is encouraged in the upcoming workshop. See discord event details.

Protocol Financial Stability

  • 0xLevi presented his RFC on Protocol Financial Stability (Part 1).
  • The goals are to ensure sustainable cash flow for the DAO and improve HOP token liquidity.
  • The next steps include finalizing Part 2 of the RFC and gathering community feedback.
  • Potential areas of focus include liquidity management strategies and a liquidity bootstrapping program.

Delegate Reporting Thread

  • There is a question about the calculation frequency for delegate rewards (monthly vs. per reporting period).
  • Participants suggested keeping the calculation to a single instance for the reporting period (likely quarterly) to simplify the process with delegate reporting.

Developer Update

  • Significant progress has been made on V2 development.
  • The off-chain infrastructure (front-end, explorer, etc.) for V2 is complete.
  • On-chain contract development is progressing well, with a focus on transaction simulations.
  • More information on V2 tokenomics will be shared soon.

Action Items

  • Participate in the Grants Committee workshop next week.
  • Review Levi’s RFC on Protocol Financial Stability and provide feedback.
  • Stay tuned for updates on V2 development and tokenomics.