[RFC] Community Multisig Operations for the Hop DAO

or at least gated to certain roles?

It may help inform community members that are looking to get more involved, and possibly run for future MS nominations.

1 Like

We discussed this a bit in a previous version of this proposal. Until we have a far more active community, I think itā€™s premature to impose term limits. I agree that a uniform structure for elections seems great so nobody needs to do anything, but what does that look like? A separate elections committee sounds like a lot of extra complexity.

Definitely agree with that, the only point Iā€™d make is that this proposal would only come in effect in a year when the community will presumably look fairly different and only requires a one term ā€œcooling offā€ period.

To determine what a uniform structure would look like weā€™d need to figure out specifically what roles the multisig signers have in running the election which Iā€™m still a bit unclear on.

Question here. Am I missing something?

Why multiply by 4? The proposal mentions 5 signers.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing this out @lefterisjp

The proposal refers to 5 singers, which would bring the total compensation to

Salary: As an amendment to HIP-12, Multi-Sig Signer compensation will be $2,250 twice a year for = $4,500 * 5 = $22,500

Bringing the total cost to = $22,500

3 Likes

All right thanks. In that case I voted yes as itā€™s a very balanced proposal.

This proposal has passed and an election should be held in May/June based on the guidelines in the proposal.

Based on the community call and other points, it seems like thereā€™s an opportunity to clarify some things between now and then:

1. Term limits.
  2. Who will actually be facilitating the election? For the first election it may be a bit experimental and a bootstrapped effort considering the procedures were not already in place while the current multisig members were chosen. There are also some concerns about capture of this process by the multisig and calls for independent bodies. I think that would be overkill, but worth the conversation.

Anything else?

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything else.

For conducting elections, I donā€™t we would contract a service provider who would independently facilitate all processes likely to be captured.

Something else that might be worth clarifying for both this and the ambassador elections is what the election process looks like. Does everyone get 1 vote or 5 votes for example?

I voted yes to this proposal.

As outlined in my previous comment here: Temperature Check - How should HOP compensate Multi-Sig Signers - #24 by olimpio

I also support the amendments to more evenly distribute responsibilities in the context of the lead signer discussions held.